Friday, July 24, 2009

Another session down....

Tonight was the final of my college algebra class. I think I did ok. I needed a C in the class to continue having a prayer of being able to graduate in December. At this point I don't know any more if I will or not. I feel like it's out of my hands. The right four classes must be offered at the right times, and a couple other things must happen as well. Most colleges are known for completely screwing their seniors however they can to milk that one extra semester (or two) out of them, and I have no reason to believe this school is any different. In fact, quite the contrary.

Things at home are moving along. Justin's in a race to see who can grow out of Christian's clothes first- him or Christian. He's starting to coo and smile and interact with those around him a little when he's in the right mood. He's also learning that he can do simple things like kick at his fish on his bouncer.

Christian is rapidly developing and refining his language skills. He's becoming easier to understand, and you can see his brain racing beyond the limits of his speech. Unfortunately he is also mimicking facial expressions and verbal behaviors, and he's sadly learning an awfully lot from his Daddy. If any of you ever think looking into a mirror is cruel, have a child; you'll see a reflection of yourself in many new ways.

Grant's continuing to enjoy being the oldest son. He feels useful and empowered. He knows that he's a leader and he revels in it, although sometimes he goes too far and gets taken down a peg. He is HIGHLY competitive- something his parents never take advantage of....of course not...that wouldn't be right..................

Andi's unthinkably amazing. There's not much else I can say. She carries on day after day, despite sleeping in bursts and having a motor that rarely winds down. And the most wonderous part is that through it all she still puts up with me...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brian... good luck on that test result... ya... Andi is pretty amazing... we missed youall at the puppy shower last Sat. it was fun.. I will post pictures soon. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, colleges are good at screwing over students. Good luck finishing when you want to. The boys sound wonderful. I wish we were closer to visit more often. Oh, well. You'll all just have to come out to the beach some time!

    ReplyDelete